Conserving energy, water, fuel, and decreasing waste can be done in simple, but effective ways:
What can you do to conserve energy?
- Turn off all lights after use
- Install motion sensor lights in bathrooms, bedrooms, and other spaces
- Turn off appliances and electronics when not in use
- Turn off computer monitor and printer at the end of the day
- Consider the most energy-efficient option when purchasing appliances
What can you do to conserve water?
- Turn off faucets while not in use (i.e. brushing teeth, shaving)
- Only run washing machines and dishwashers when fully loaded
- Take short showers
- Fix leaks
- Update landscaping to native species
What can you do to conserve fuel?
- Invest in an electric vehicle
- Carpool to work
- Walk, catch the bus, or ride a bike
- Use conference and video conferencing
- Arrange meetings close to the majority of attendees
What can you do to help save the Earth?